there comes a time in every girl's life when she gets tired of fooling around.
juggling hearts, in a 3-ring circus can someday drive a body down to the ground.
i never imagined that love would rain on me and make me wanna settle down.
oh baby it's true, i think i do and i just wanna tell you, that i want to with you.
(sing it to the tune of prince's 'forever in my life', in fact these are the lyrics to said song, just substituted 'girl' for 'man' in the first line- I LURVE YOU PRINCE!)
onwards, this morning a cab driver called me aunty, and i've recently returned from Lucknow where everyone calls you some variant of sister, didi or behen.
now, i'm not particular about being called either, thank goodness- but i do wonder which camp to personally subscribe to...
at work unfortunately, almost everyone calls me madam (i would die a little bit every time i heard it when i started out, but not any more) but, to be fair, we really don't have an Indian variant to 'excuse me'. which means that the average 'mid-twenties to any-age' woman gets subjected to all of the above imbued with any of a wide range of emotions from the sneer to really icky obsequiousness (oooh! 'longest word in blog' moment!) so,
adam! i'm not madam
nor sister, aunty, none of them!
(need help finishing this limerick... ideas are welcome)
You are, you see
ReplyDeleteNo relation to me
And undue familiarity I do condemn.
well said! thank you anonymous.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteNo further updates? It's a whole new year now, you know. (Or decade, if some people are to be believed.)
ReplyDeleteanonymous! who are you? reveal yourself!
ReplyDeleteare you one, or many? are you male, or female? are you of earth, or some other planet? do you like mohanlal, or mammooty? cats, or dogs? it boggles the mind!
What makes you feel you have only one anonymous fan? The Net is simply teeming with the likes of us, you know! Unless you've been logging my - I mean, OUR - IP addresses... *furtive look*
ReplyDeleteI didn't see the question, sorry. The other anonymous loser came in the way.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking for myself, I'm male (or at least I'm largely of the male persuasion, as I ought to say in these politically correct times), definitely of terrestrial origin, and love both cats and dogs (though the former have a slight edge as their low maintenance and minimal emotional demands appeal to my decidedly blokish nature).
As for the two dudes you mention, I'd say I'm a Mohanlal fan. I assume you're referring to the chubby, good-natured fall guy one was used to seeing in the late 80s and not the larger-than-life tub of lard that fills my 42-inch plasma screen today. Mammootty isn't bad either; he especially shines in roles where the protagonist is required to portray a certain macho misogyny.
Cheerio,
Eighties' Child