Tuesday, February 16, 2010

In the words of Charlie Brown- "Good Grief!"

I just forgot I was one of a two! Lol.

I was just speaking with my boyfriend about what he was upto today. He said he had meeting 1, then meeting 2, and then wanted to meet his girlfriend. And for 3 seconds I was like, "Oh, ok. he's got other plans."

Oh Lord, save me from me!

P.S: question: when does one use ' and when does one use "?

3 comments:

  1. I think it is single quotes (') for emphasis and double quotes for quotes or dialogue. This is what I learnt in school.

    But apparently the American system is different where they use " for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The previous commenter's right - if you swear by UK English, use ' for emphasis and " for dialogue.

    However, if there's a quotation within a quotation, it's like this.

    In UK English: "Did you hear him say 'leave me alone!' an hour ago?"

    In US English it's just the opposite: 'Did you hear him say "leave me alone!" an hour ago?'

    It doesn't really matter as long as you are consistent.

    -Anon

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both. i just need to pick my team now... hmmm UK it is.

    ReplyDelete